Teaser: The Last of the Dashkin 2 Teaser: The Last of the Dashkin 2

Damn, Adam, it's good to see Bitey again.

I wouldn't worry about the people being hyper critical on the animation. Gotta be pragmatic at some point and get it done without going crazy. I see a lot of awesome technical improvements, the opening shot is beautiful, and I love the 2.5D camera work. If you need to go with a more cutout look here and there to better serve the story then I think its understandable.

chluaid responds:

thanks man!! This means a lot :) I always wanted to do this kind of multiplane stuff with Toon Boom in a personal project and the deformers are a real help for slow gradual movements. Very much looking forward to doing more frame-by-frame and technical effects stuff in this project.

The Guardians Tale The Guardians Tale

I was at QCA on Sunday, looking at the art on the walls, and new that I recognised it from somewhere!

Awesome work to all involved. The texturing, cel shading and backgrounds all looked great together. I was really impressed with the shot composition too. I hope we get to see more from you and your team in the future!

GORGON-The-Mighty responds:

Thanks so much! You can keep track of us on our facebook page 'The Guardians Tale'.

Blown Minded Blown Minded

This work is so refreshing to see among all the cartoon/flash stuff on the site. It's hugely inspiring. I'm trying to work out if you did this traditionally or whether you used digital paint tools.

Awesome work.

Danny and Tonya Danny and Tonya

This would have to be my favourite of your more recent stuff. I love the way you posed the characters in this. There's something about your humour that's hilarious once you become farmiliar with it.

Only complaint was that it ended just as it was getting really good.

The Reward The Reward

There is nothing more to say it about, it's perfect already. You have an amazing team I hope we can see much more of your work in the future.

Flow: The Beauty of Ink Flow: The Beauty of Ink

Very beautiful work. Has such a nice mood. When I started watching it I thought you had actually filmed ink, and it wasn't until the crazy camera moves and repeition that I figured it at least had some kind of digital compositing.

The only criticism I have is that is seemed to end a bit ubruptly. Just as it's starting to get really interesting, it fades to white. It feels like it needed one more emotional climax in the music, and a proper musical resolve, to tie it all back in together.

Otherwise, very nice!

Cooking with Gandalf Cooking with Gandalf

I can't get over how perfect your line work is. Everything just looks so damn tidy. Zeedox did an awesome job on the backgrounds as usual, and the voice work is so spot on. The characters have some of the most solid structure I've seen on Newgrounds. The humour was great, I love the way Gollum just dug into that fish at the end.

Micmadness Micmadness

awesome

I loved all the effects in this. All of the hits had so much solid impact. The animation was really dynamic, constantly flowing from fast to slow, it was really interesting to watch!

Alight Alight

Awesome effects, continuity a little disjointed

Amazing work. It works really well as an abstract piece. It gives just enough to give a sense of the meaning, yet leaves it open to the imagination as well. It reminds me of Michel Gagne's Prelude to Eden, in it's genesis themes and also the styling of the special effects.

The animation was great, some of the best special effects I've seen in a Flash movie. My only criticism is that it felt somewhat disjointed when the robot broke out of the ground, almost like it became a completely different film from that point on (although it did have some pretty awesome eye-candy). The change of pace was sudden, and while it felt a bit more connected in the end, perhaps an earlier reference right at the beginning would have helped with continuity? Just my thoughts.

I'm interested to learn more about the process behind this project, who the team is, how you approached workflow. Looking forward to seeing what your team does next.

Salad Fingers Episode 9 Salad Fingers Episode 9

Surprised by the response

I'm surprised by the number of reviewers who were disappointed by this episode, I think the series is continuing to evolve nicely.

The thing I like most about this installment, is that compared to the early episodes, it realies less on strait out shocking and gross imagery. There's more subtlety, and my opinion, it creates a better uncomfortable surreal atmosphere that David's work is known for. The art and animation is better, and it's just better film making overall.

The choice to change the music is a valid one, the slight change in mood is refreshing. It has a much more cinematic quality. I don't understand the reasons for people getting upset about these changes, how it's not the same music or the same scream SFX or whatever. It seems like you're trying to different things, and I respect the fact that you're not just reducing your work down to shock value and catchphrases, just to appease a select group of your fanbase.